Friday, May 16, 2008

We will call this day 'The Lord Answers Prayer' - Gen. 22:11-14

We are sooooo excited to post this new news! Sullivan's eye exam went great and we went home with NO EYE PATCHES!!!!! 45 minutes into the exam while Sully was under anesthesia Dr Joos came back to the parents waiting room and announced that the pressure on the right was a 9 and the pressure on the left was a ... ... ... bum bum bum bum... ... ... 14!
She told us that we would not be putting the valve in and that we would cut the eye drop medicine in half! Is our God awesome or what?!?!?
So many of you reading this prayed so hard for this and we are so blessed today by answered prayer. I wept the whole way home from the hospital.

It dawned on me as I was reading the passage I noted above (the story of Abraham & Isaac) that I have the authority as a believer in God and as a parent to mark a specific day or time in our families lives for the remembrance of God's provision/answered prayer.
Abraham named a specific place 'The Lord Will Provide' for God's provision of a ram in place of the sacrifice of his son. The scripture says "Abraham named that place 'The Lord Will Provide', so today it is said "It will be provided on the Lord's Mountain."

I have felt as though God was calling me to release Sullivan and his eyes and trust Him to provide for my son in ways I was not able to. Seemingly unbearable and impossible, I can't begin to describe the strength I have gained and the amazing lessons I have learned. When I replaced the worry with prayer and relied on the faith I have been cultivating in my short 28 years My God grabbed my hand so tightly and never left my side. Some of my most intimate moments in this sweet relationship I have with my Savior have been shared over my son Sullivan.

Today I call this day 'The Lord Answers Prayer' so that generations of the Pardee family will know 'The Lord has never left us.'

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

praise God for His faithfulness! This is such great news!!!

origins pink said...

That is such AWESOME FANTASTICAL NEWS! PRAISE GOD! That is just incredible.

Patty B. said...

AMEN ! ! !