Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jiggity Jig

Well, this is my adorable little man helping me pack for home as our fabulous California vacation came to an end. We were there for almost 3 weeks and we had such a wonderful time! We stayed with my parents in their new home in Yuba City for the beginning of our stay. They have a pool in their new house which was REALLY great as it was sooooooo HOT there. Going swimming in a pool was just one of the many "Firsts" to be had on this fun adventure.

Another "First" was the plane ride out and back. I was really nervous but shouldn't have been, Sullivan did great. I had my sissy Paige with me for the trip home which was very nice. Sullivan was very well behaved and recieved many compliments. I would like to say he was a perfect gentleman but it appears that he may have picked up on one of daddy's bad habits. As the flight attendant passed by he smacked her square on the tush and when she turned around to investigate he gave her a huge smile. I am pretty sure that was when he won her heart. 8 ) Goodness knows thats when Tyson won mine. ; )

He is apparently more like mommy than I knew. He pretty much tried to talk to everyone he could make eye contact with and when they weren't looking he tried pretty hard to get their attention. Here are some photos from the plane ride. You will see in the 3rd one Sullivan found a friend behind us.


I fall more in love with that kid everyday. I wonder sometimes if God watches us as we learn, mature and experience the world and finds just as much joy as I do watching Sullivan.


My parents were great hosts and there new home really is beautiful. Sullivan and Nanu had great bonding time, we played with the doggies (the bumpy one and the mean one) and Nana bought way too many adorable outfits for Sullivan which I have been happily rearranging in his closet ever since we got home! 8 ) Thanks Mom!


Tyson was able to fly out in the middle of our trip and sneak in some time with his family too so we headed down to the Bay Area for a few days where Sullivan got to meet the rest of the Pardee family for the first time. Most importantly his Aunt Tiffany who has been DESPERATE to get her hands on him and then ofcourse his cousins who he enjoyed playing with thouroughly!







And the highlight of my trip was getting to see my grandparents love on Sullivan and get to play with him. They fell in love for sure and so did Sullivan. I have been so eager to see them myself and to watch them enjoy Sullivan was such a joy. We went to church with them 2 of the 3 weekends that we were there and spent the night with them too. Being in their home really does feel a bit like being home again. I miss it deeply.





2 comments:

All Things Family said...

Great pics Trace! I can't wait to see you and Sullivan in a week and a half..and I love the new blog look!

Heather said...

Cute, cute!!

Your post title reminded me of a little saying my Grandpa said each and every time we pulled into the driveway, "Home again, home again. Jiggity, jig."

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face! Great pictures!

XOXO,
Heather