Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe Of The Week - Chicken Tetrazinni

Allright folks, we are starting a new family blog tradition. Each week we are going to share one of our family favorite recipes. It might be one we have loved for a long time and enjoyed eating that week, it might be something new and fun that we found in a magazine or stole from a friend. (I will be sure to give credit where credit is due!)

This week is one passed along from Mom and is definatly a new favorite. It is really easy to make for a small dinner get together, a friend in need of a meal or even dinner for two with some really yummy leftovers as Tyson and I have figured out.

I chose this one because I made it for Angie a couple of weeks ago and then Christa last week and they have already asked for the recipe. I swapped broccoli for the mushrooms for the Price's version and they say it was yummy that way too.

Please comment if you try it and tell me what you think!


Chicken Tetrazinni
3 to 4 cups cooked chicken (I use 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts out of the package)
salt & pepper
8 oz. angel hair pasta
6 T butter
8 oz. sliced mushrooms (I double this every time)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup light cream or half & half
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup cooking sherry, dry if possible (the sherry is the key ingredient)
1 1/2 or 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (as much as you like really)
Paprika (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet, melt 2 T butterover med/low heat. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until golden. (I like to add a little sherry to the mushrooms as they saute) In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter, stir in flour and 1/2 t salt and stir until smooth. Add chicken broth and cream and cook, stirring until sauce is thickened. Add chicken, cooked mushrooms and sherry and heat through. Place cooked pasta in buttered 9X13 baking dish then pour chicken/mushroom/sauce mixture on top. Top with Parmesan cheeseand sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serves 8

3 comments:

Patty B. said...

Thanks for sharing this one, Trace. Yep, definately one of my faves for a company dinner. Always gets raves. The more mushrooms the better, I say but if you use a lot you might want to use a larger dish to prevent oven overflow mess (I speak from experience). Sounds yummy with broccoli too. love you LOTS ! ! !

Trisha said...

Very excited to try this recipe! The zoo pics are very cute :)

Patty B. said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I add about 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese to the sauce while it's cooking.