Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monkeys belong in the Zoo!

Well, we took our chances on Sunday and took our little monkey to the zoo. We went to church in the morning and after the service we took him home for a preparatory nap. While he slept the storm came in. We thought our plans might be doomed but the rain stopped and we decided to grab the umbrella and throw caution to the wind.

Apparently the Sabertooth Tiger exhibit had been precariously left open because look who we ran into before we even got to the entrance...


That would be "Gnash" the mascot for the Nashville Predators. Cool huh?

Tyson happens to know the man behind the mask and we exchanged greetings in appropriate mascot language. (Miming) He was so supprised to see Sullivan had gotten so big. As we said goodbye I felt a little silly as I hollered in his direction "It was good to see you again!"
Two reasons;
1) I have never really "seen"the guy so as far as I know he really does have a blue face and very large teeth.
2) All the other moms gave me a wierd look as they walked away.

Come on guys! Gnash and I go waaaaay back! 8 )


We had a great time just the 3 of us and here are a couple of pics from our excursion.


As you can see the Meerkats are our favorite.

We weren't sure they would let us go home. As you know...

...Monkeys belong in the zoo!

Mommy Monkey

3 comments:

Patty B. said...

Love those monkeys ! ! ! Especially the one in blue. Hmmm . . . the tiger looks familiar. Oh yeah, I've seen him through the glass. Nana monkeys want to go the zoo too. Next time I'm going. Maybe it will be the S.F. zoo, huh?

Patty B. said...

Oh yes, I forgot, I'm gonna' want these zoo pictures. Please have them in my email first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not good at waiting, as you know. I was going to say I'm not a good waiter. Oh well.

Paige said...

You guys better have played him his "We're going to the zoo!" song on his Sullivan cd! hmmm I think he would love the Sacramento zoo! =)